- 16-Feb-2017 to 16-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Boise, ID, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, and vision insurance; $50k life insurance; 401k with up to 4% employer match; paid time off available.
Truckstop.com is seeking a Data Analyst for our Boise, ID location.
Applicants only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
We are the one-stop connection between carriers, brokers, and shippers. Founded in 1995 as the first freight-matching marketplace to hit the Web, Truckstop.com has grown to provide load planning, transportation management, telematics, route optimization, real-time rates, powerful negotiation tools, and other logistics solutions. Truckstop.com is recognized as the leading resource for transportation data and trends including the weekly Trans4Cast, which informs outlets like BB&T and Bloomberg Financial. Additionally, Truckstop.com also serves as the largest credit reporting entity in the transportation industry, helping companies guard against fraud and choose the right partners for their business.
Truckstop.com is the largest online freight matching service in the trucking industry providing a one-stop connection between North America's commercial transportation professionals. By enabling seamless integration into our scalable cloud platform we can significantly extend the value offered to our customers by delivering a variety of solutions and services and a best in class experience.
Our headquarters are located in New Plymouth, Idaho, about 50 miles west of Boise. However, we can fill this position at our Boise, ID location too.
What You Will Do:
This position will be a key member of the integration team and overall Truckstop.com business that will be instrumental in driving a stronger understanding of our performance through metrics and analysis.
- Develop automation for reporting, performance reports, dashboards, and business metric reports that reflect the integration business performance and trends.
- Perform routine and ad-hoc reporting to evaluate performance and identify opportunities (process, sales, and new products).
- Work with database teams on data requirements and provide support with implementation, updates, and changes.
- Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business decisions.
- Execute a wide range of analytical and reporting projects based on team-wide delivery plans.
- Consult with and deliver results to partners on an emerging business, which is a strategic focus for the company.
- Develop technical solutions to improve access to data and data usage.
- Engage with all stakeholders assigned to projects to ensure business needs are translated into effective reporting solutions.
Do you qualify?
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Three or more years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis and complex problem solving
- Experience in designing and developing complex reports and visualizations using DOMO tool or any Business Intelligence reporting tool
- Experience in big data, mobile applications, and/or business and financial analysis
- Experience developing reporting tools to monitor trends and drive decision-making
- Strong understanding of the concepts, terminology, and measurement issues related to web analytics
- Strong analytical knowledge that has been used to create business impact by leveraging and understanding data
- Strong communication skills verbally and written
- Preferred: SQL programming experience in Microsoft SQL server database
If the answer is "yes!", then what are you waiting for... Apply!